Maceio Brazil Mission Assignment

Maceio Brazil Mission Assignment
Serving in God's Army

6/24/2013

24 June 2013 - Transferencias! Para Onde Eu Vou (Transfers! Where Will I Go!?)

   So the big news is that I have been transferred! Well it wasn't too big of news for me because I already kind of knew that I would be transferred because I have been in this area for six months, which for this mission is quite a long time. Normally the missionaries will stay in an area for three months. Along with being transferred I have finished the training of my companion Elder Almeida. He´s doing really well. I can let him do basically everything and he feels comfortable and confident. I really like him and I'm gunna miss him a bunch. He's a hard worker and we completed each other really well.
   I will be returning to Maceío, the state more to the north were I first started and I'll be put in a new area with who knows who, haha, but I'm super excited. Tomorrow morning 2:40am we have to take a bus to Maceío but its only 6 hours, nothing compared to driving to Utah, haha.
   This week we were able to complete a family. The youngest daughter of a lady that was baptized a few weeks ago also made the decision to be baptized and the family was complete. She offered to make us lunch today and afterwards we were all gathered together to leave a message and when I started sharing the message and thanking her for all that she has done for us she started crying and quickly left the room. I've gone through a lot with this family ever since the beginning. Six months I've known them. And they will probably be the people that I'll miss the most. It's been such a great experience to see how much the gospel has helped this family. Seeing them be bonded together, going to church together, learning together, and crying together. We've gone through SO much! Love them!!
   One of the sweetest things that happened this week was at church in the gospel principles class. The class was filled with people that I had helped to know the gospel, and they were still there. Learning, growing, praying, asking questions, helping one another and getting to know the members, and bearing testimony. One of the recent converts said the opening prayer. Later that day we passed by a recent convert's house and he was reading the Book of Mormon outside his house in a rocking chair. All these tender moments that are priceless that I won't forget. Tender moments that build my testimony and let me know that what I'm doing is right.  
   I'm so thankful for the opportunity that I have to serve, to represent Heavenly Father, to be a bearer of his Priesthood. Time is passing SO fast I basically have one year done with my mission! I'm learning SO much and I don't want to stop!
   I know that this church is the true church of God and the only true church on the face of the earth. Christ lives and he loves each and every one of us.
   I love you guys So much and I'm so thankful for all your prayers your love and support.

ELDER RALPH