Maceio Brazil Mission Assignment

Maceio Brazil Mission Assignment
Serving in God's Army

6/18/2013

17 June 2013 - Oi Familia‏

Wow what an interesting week for the real world. Sorry to hear about Austin's Dad.... That's got to be hard. AND GRACIE LOOKS SO CUTE! ( I really like the name:)   
    This week was really good we worked hard and our numbers prove it. We were able to find a number of really special people to teach. One in particular was a man named Samuel who is about twenty five. We were teaching him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and at the end of the lesson we invited him to say a pray to end the lesson. When we were convincing him to say a prayer his girlfriend showed up and sat down beside him. Now he REALLY had pressure haha. I don't know if he said the prayer cause he wanted to or cause his girlfriend was there and wanted him to. But he did and that's what counts. And we told her that he was gunna go to church with us that coming Sunday and asked her if she wanted to come along. She openly agreed ;) The best part was that Samuel was on the fence about going to church, but thanks to the oh so convincing Power of women, he agreed. The two of them went to church and they both really enjoyed it. During the gospel principles class the girlfriend opened up one of the books and opened up to the page that talks about the law of chastity.... She showed Samuel and they both nodded with a smile. I'm pretty sure they knew what it meant but we will have to see this coming week if they are willing to keep it.
   This past week we were able to pass by and visit our recent converts. During our visits all of the recent converts gave us references for other people that we can visit. For me it showed that they really have a testimony of the things that we are teaching them and they are wanting that other people receive the blessings of the gospel. This week we found a lot of people who have huge potential to be baptized, elects, but the only problem is that more than likely I will be transferred this coming week, 25th, and I won't be able to work with these great people. I've been in this area for 6 months! So yeah it's almost certain that I will be transferred. Why?! Why does this always happen! But what can I do... I'll just have to find new people in my next area.
    There is nothing more satisfying than seeing one of your baptisms keep a commandment of God. This past Sunday I noticed a lady that was baptized a few weeks ago, who is a widow, doesn't have a stable job, and has two kids, pay her tithing to the bishop. It was perfect. But then the bishop asked if she was a member of the ward or not.... he had been out of town when the lady was baptized and hadn't put a name to a face yet.... It was pretty awkward. But this lady was so humble that she didn't seem to mind :)
   I'm so happy that I'm making a difference in the lives of these people. I'm So happy for the opportunity that I have to serve.
  
ELDER RALPH