Maceio Brazil Mission Assignment

Maceio Brazil Mission Assignment
Serving in God's Army

4/08/2013

8 April 2013 - Eu Fui Transferido‏

Everyone's Sick?! Get Well Soon :)
This week was pretty Good. There was only one bummer. Alright maybe two, okay Three. One was that Elder Mendes, who is one of the Elders that I live with went home on Wednesday. He finished his two year service and is now home doing his stuff. I'm sure gunna miss him. Two is that one of our investigators who had a baptismal date for this week fell through. Someone talked bad about the church to him. We believe it was his grandfather who is an Atheist. We tried everything we could but couldn't figure out what the man said or why our investigator didn't want anything. Third is that, I found out that I will be leaving behind a lot of good friends, members of the church and investigators tomorrow..... Cause I have been assigned to train in another area!
I was honestly expecting to be called to train a newby this transfer but the area change came as quite a shock. The president took out everyone in our district and will send them to other areas! As of now I only know that I will be training in Sergipe, but where in Sergipe and WHO in Sergipe I don't know yet, I'll find out tomorrow! Gotta pack my suitcases Haha!

I'm super excited to train. To have more responsibility, to grow in my own ability and talents. To help another person grow and learn about missionary work :) I'm Pumped. Since we both will be arriving in the area at the same time we will have to start from scratch, not using references from other Elders or people who were being prepared by other missionaries. I sure will need your prayers these next couple weeks. Thank you so much for your support!

I loved conference! I was able to watch them in Portuguese which wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. One of my favorite talks was by Elder Holland who talked about Faith, and another speaker who talked about real Peace. And OF coarse I loved all the talks that talked about Missionary work and Priestood. I'm super excited for this week. Conference gave me a bunch of ideas and topics that I want to study and then use in my teaching. The story about the tomato plant. And Elder Uchdorf´s talk about the light of Christ. Conference also made me very thankful for my parents and all that they have done for me, how they raised me and the sacrifices that they made in my behalf. I love you two! Ah I loved conference! It passed way too fast!

Until next week! Workin Hard
Elder Ralph