Maceio Brazil Mission Assignment

Maceio Brazil Mission Assignment
Serving in God's Army

5/07/2013

15 April 2013 - Elder Almeida

   I bet you're all super pumped to know where I was transferred to and who is my companion, and if I'm training or not so I'll get right to telling ya'll.
   So the secretaries called and said that I was transferred and that I had to pack my suitcases and go to Maceio. So I went and when the transfer meeting started and the secretaries started calling out names to where people will go. I have been called to train in Santod Dumont, and for those of you who are keeping track of things..... That's where I've been for the past three months. I wasn't transferred, the secretaries (Americans) read the transfer sheet wrong. So I had to return to the same house and unpack everything again. Such Frustration. BUT the best part of this past weekend is getting my new companion. I have been assigned to train Elder Almeida, a Brazilian from Goiás. He's awesome! I call him little Chris Brown 'cause I think he looks like Chris Brown. He's such a great guy and wants to work real hard and follow all the rules which is a blessing. He's already helped me quite a bit this past week with my Portuguese and I've had plenty of opportunities to talk to him, the new elders in our house and our investigators. As a senior missionary I have a rear load of responsibilities. But! I LOVE it, I feel like I'm doing more like I'm fulfilling my responsibilities more fully. With these responsibilities comes pressure which I have Totally felt this week, but pressure is good :) I feel like I've been given an opportunity to grow and better myself! And I'm so totally stoked for it!
   This week was rather short because I had to go to Maceio to get my companion and we didn't get back till Thursday. But in the small amount of time that we had to work we were able to find an amazing family. A family with four little kids that remind me of my nieces and nephews, and the wife kind of reminds me of Jessica, haha. The only problem with this family is that the parents are not married and their relationship is a little bit weak. It's hard to find couples that are happy with one another. During this week I have been able to see how the Holy Ghost really helps the missionaries teach. There were many times this week when I didn't know what to say or wasn't sure how to make an answer but the Holy Ghost helped me to find the words and explain things in a manner understandable.
   I am so happy that I have the opportunity to train, to grow, and to be a servant of the lord. I know He lives and I know that He is watching over all of us.

Elder Ralph