Maceio Brazil Mission Assignment

Maceio Brazil Mission Assignment
Serving in God's Army

1/20/2014

20 January 2014 -- Transferencias‏

In the front, middle leaning over a table with a Santa hat on, I've got my back to the camera.
   Well it looks like I've been transferred. Tomorrow I will know where I will be going and with whom I will work. This week was a good one! Especially with the number of investigators AND members who came to church. The church was full, which is always a good thing. But with that also comes a lot of Kids! There were so many little children running around here and there and everywhere. Haha, but it was still great.

   This week a girl named Rose came to church and it seemed like she was already a member of the church. She came in a skirt with her scriptures and I little baggy and the girls in the branch swarmed her and I believe that she felt very welcome. The only hard part for her is that she lives far from the church it's about a 45 minute walk.... But her friend, the member who passed her as a reference, lives even farther! So she passes by her house so they can walk together! YES! This past week we presented the Book of Mormon to her. When we started teaching about the Book of Mormon we handed one to her and she fluttered through the pages curiously and she agreed with everything that we taught and showed her. But all of a sudden she gave the book back to us with a confused unsatisfied look on her face. We began to bear our testimonies and the members that were with us also bore our testimonies. Then Rose asked how much the book cost! Opps, she thought that the book would be expensive and gave it back to us because she thought that she wouldn't be able to pay for it. But after the testimonies she was willing to pay for the book to know if it was true or not for herself. When we explained that it was free and that we would give it as a present she exploded with joy. She couldn't stop smiling and was literally jumping out of her seat. We have high hopes for Rose. :)

   These past few weeks we have been helping a less active young adult come back to church. He has been coming to church for the past four weeks and is super happy and super excited. He really has a strong testimony of the church but stopped going because of a social reason. And this Sunday he brought his older sister to church. We have been teaching the two of them together. His sister isn't a member. She really liked the church and the members really reached out to her. We are gunna help her get legally married and then baptized! Woot! Woot!
   These past few weeks were rather hard for me but I'm doing a lot better. There is nothing like scripture reading and fasting to help us get through our problems. I know that the scriptures are true. They are the word of God written for us. They have helped me so much these past few weeks. Helped me stay focused. Helped me resolve my problems. They are true.
   I hope you all have a great week and a Happy New Year!
ELDER RALPH

Fotos do Natal