Maceio Brazil Mission Assignment

Maceio Brazil Mission Assignment
Serving in God's Army

6/09/2014

9 June 2014 -- 2 more weeks

   
Well this week was really quite nice. One of my favorite experiences was with the Book of Mormon. This past month, during my personal study I have been a little different. I have been studying in topics according to the difficulties of my investigators. Or I've been trying to answer questions that I have. But to say the least I haven't been reading the Book of Mormon as I should have. But during this past week I decided to start reading it again from the beginning. And from the moment I started reading it through the whole week I have been feeling so much better, so much more energy so much more life and happiness. I know that the Book of Mormon really is the word of God and I don't want to go one day without reading it. It fills me up.
   This Sunday I gave a talk in sacrament meeting on Love. The branch is in need of a lot more love. I've been here for six months and I have heard a lot of stuff. Rumors, grudges, anger. So I talked a little bit about that, and how we need to improve as children of God. I liked it. It flowed.
   Yesterday we went to contact a referral from the ward of a friend of a member who accepted to receive a priesthood blessing, she and her daughter. It was an amazing. The spirit was so strong, after the blessing I didn't want to say anything. The experience was very marking. It was interesting explaining about a blessing to someone who wasn't a member of the church.
   I love being a missionary!
Elder Ralph