Maceio Brazil Mission Assignment

Maceio Brazil Mission Assignment
Serving in God's Army

12/04/2013

2 December 2013

Dearest Loved Ones
  This week was full of travels. We started off going to the capital of the state. We went there to have a zone meeting with the Mission President and His wife and three other zones. It was really good and we all learned a lot. I don't have any doubt that my leaders here in the mission are inspired of God. It seems that everything they say and do is made for me, be it an example, or a lecture or something they tell me during an interview. It's something really special.
   Due to the conference and other travels that we had to take we didn't have very much time to work in our own area. It seemed like we were traveling more that actually teaching. We had to do interviews for the district leaders in our zone. Due to the short time that was passed in our actual area we weren't as successful with people coming to Sacrament meeting as we had hoped. A family that we are working with didn't come. We passed by their place yesterday afternoon and found out that they are all sick. SO we have high hopes that they will come this next week.
   The final of this week I have been feeling kind of down. I don't know what it was, discouraged, tired, frustrated, and confused. I really don't know what it was but I was just feeling down and I didn't know what to do. It even seemed like fasting wasn't helping me get more excited so I could act the way that I wanted to act. This morning I was finally able to pull myself together. I just sat on the floor reading my patriarchal blessing, praying for inspiration, help, comfort, or some sort of inspiration. And it really came. I read something in my blessing that really helped me. Showed me what I needed to change in myself to be a more effective missionary. It was something that I never noticed before. But it was meant for that moment, for that trial that I was facing. Ever since that morning I have been feeling SO much better, as if a big weight has been taken off my shoulders and my mind has been cleared. I am so thankful for this gospel and for the Priesthood power that guides this church. I know that it is true, I've felt it. It is real.
   I know that God loves us and guides us in our struggles and gives us comfort when we diligently seek it.
ELDER RALPH