Maceio Brazil Mission Assignment

Maceio Brazil Mission Assignment
Serving in God's Army

1/13/2014

12 January 2014 -- Semana melhor!

Hello familia that I love so much,
   First of all I would like to thank you for all your love and prayers on my behalf. I know that you are praying for me and I feel your prayers every day. Please don't stop, because I need them.
   This week the president had interviews with all the missionaries and I got to talk with him for a big chunk of time. I really needed that. He helped me with many things and I left the room feeling great, reenergized and full of life. He gave me a challenge to read the Book of Mormon in three months, the time that it was translated. He told me to read it with a purpose or while reading it to look for something, words or feelings. We decided to look for principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ. So since that day I have been reading in the little time that I have had and it has been really interesting to see how much the Book of Mormon teaches of Christ. How it can build the faith of anyone who reads it. Love the book of Mormon, it has so much Power. I know that it is true.
      This week we were able to find a number of new people. Both investigators and less-actives that we are helping come back to church. We also received a referral from a young woman in the ward that was great! This twenty year old girl is amazing she really has a desire to know the truth, but thinks that she has little faith. She had a great question. She asked about death and people who die from accident or murder. She wanted to know if God lets those people die, or allows a person to die. and Why?... It was a really good question and we're excited to continue working with her. The only trouble that she has is her lack of faith in herself, or faith in the faith that she has.... if that makes sense.
   This week I cut an elder's hair with scissors... I did a pretty good job. I was pretty proud of myself. Then I let him cut my hair and he totally botched it! Oh well.
   We are also trying really hard to help one family that is really special. The woman is more in tune with churches than the husband, but the wife's brother is really into religion and they all ask questions galore! Yesterday we taught them about baptism and the power that is required to have a true baptism. We taught about the church of Jesus Christ and how it was organized with that power and how the power was lost. We taught more detailed than I have ever taught in my mission. But it was really good. We taught how just one church can have the power that can seal on earth and in heaven. We invited them to pray, knowing that through diligent study and PRAYER they could receive an answer for themselves. This family is really special and we are doing all we can to help them know the truth and follow the example of Jesus Christ.
   I know that Jesus Christ is our savior that His love for us is eternal. It's infinite. His love can purify us of all our faults. I love him and I know that He loves me, too. I will do my best to follow him, follow His example and His precious gospel. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church on the earth today.
 
ELDER RALPH